What is the Transporter3D?
The Transporter3D is the worlds first Oculus Rift interface for tele-presence applications such as FPV (first person video).
The Transporter3D is a real time video converter designed to interface high definition head mount displays such as the Oculus Rift DK1, Zeiss Cinemizer and Sony HMZ with live video. This makes it the ideal fully immersive FPV interface device. The Transporter3D is fully configurable to adapt with almost any camera and provides the realtime performance required for interactive tele-prescence.
A video transmitter kit for dual channel 3d is available here.
This Transporter3D Kit includes the following components:
- One Transporter3D board (ready for use);
- One Shuttle Craft Case; and
- Instruction Manual (download link on main website product page).
Transporter3D Promotional Video
Transporter3D video demo for the Oculus Rift
- The Transporter3D accepts standard definition composite video inputs (CVBS) and generates realtime video output over HDMI that is designed for the Oculus Rift, Zeiss Cinemizer and Sony HMZ head mount displays;
- There are two video inputs provided which support three modes: standard 2D video, 3D video using a 3D capable camera with a single video output or 3D video using two seperate video feeds from two cameras;
- The video streams are fully user configurable to adjust size and position of the video to each eye; and
- For the Oculus Rift, there is also an integrated headtracker interface on the Transporter3D which allows the Rift's internal head tracker to control a pan, tilt and roll of a camera via a PPM output to your RC transmitter.
The Transporter3D has been tested with great success. No other FPV experience comes close to the feeling of actully being there, this is the experience provided by the Transporter3D.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 28 October, 2013.